Monday, October 12, 2009

One last dinner...Boulevard

Our last night of the trip, we had to have one more special dinner. I chose Boulevard, which was recommended by several friends, and was just a couple of blocks from our hotel. This definitely rates as one of the best meals of our trip. Well...it didn't have the view of some of the other restaurants, but the food was outstanding.

Todd started by ordering the abalone appetizer, never having tried that before. I tasted it too. We both thought it was good, but are surprised by the amount of enthusiasm it generates. Its not a delicacy I'd go out of my way to try again. My crab salad with green gazpacho and marconi almonds was truly outstanding however.

This is the abalone

and here is the crab:


For main courses, we both chose meat, having had plenty of fish in Hawaii. I had the lamb t-bone, with spinach and pine nuts, and rosemary and red wine jus. It was so good:


Todd had the filet mignon. Particularly tasty were the roasted potatoes with morbier cheese. We'll try that at home:



And dessert was a concoction of peaches, ice cream, caramel, shortbread, pastry, peach sorbet and all sorts of yummy things:



It was an excellent meal, and a restaurant I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting San Francisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment