Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Honu!

I saw my first sea turtle today. I mean, the whole reason I picked the Maui Prince is because it has a beautiful beach, and a reputation for having lots of green sea turtles. I didn't even have to snorkel to see it. I was getting ready to go in the water, and there by the rocks, close to the beach, was the turtle. It was quite a small one. And I didn't have my camera with me. Later in the morning, I saw a second honu, a much larger one swimming near the same rocks.

I snorkeled off the beach today, and it was wonderful.I didn't go too far out, because I was getting used to the water and the equipment, and didn't want to swim too far. but it was nice and warm, and I saw much interesting coral and quite a few fish. We'll go back out there soon, and hopefully see lots more. It really is a great beach.

1 comment:

  1. Macadamia California rolls....move over, I'm grabbing one. Sounds delish.
    Gardenridge Joan

    ReplyDelete