Sunday, September 6, 2009

Last day on Maui

Our last day was uneventful. We decided to hang on the beach and relax. Yes, there was lots of stuff on Maui we didn't do or see. I wanted to go up Haleakala, but that will have to wait for another trip. We also didn't do any shopping, which is probably good for my wallet!

I did do a bit more snorkeling, right off the beach, which was very good. Didn't see any more turtles, but I did see lots of fish:




And we had lunch poolside, where we had a companion, who helped keep the birds from snatching our food, although she wasn't shy about having a bit of my fish tacos:



Dinner that night was at Cafe O'Lei, in Kihei. We had a very nice dinner there. Started with a couple of maki... a toro roll, and a shrimp tempura roll. The toro was a little flavorless, but the shrimp tempura was very good. And I had some wonderful monchong, seared, and served over cilantro mashed potatoes, with garlic beurre blanc and avocado relish. It was very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment